Created on 7 February, 2024 • Legal • 6 views • 7 minutes read
Last updated: February 07, 2024
We believe in the importance of being able to control who gets what information. This not only means you want your coworker to have your work email, and your friend to have your personal phone number, but it also means there are people who shouldn’t have any of your information.
We've made several choices in how blurp is built to ensure only the people you choose to share with get the details you choose to share.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect, use, and maintain your personal information. It also describes your choices regarding the use, access, and correction of your personal information.
- What Is Personal Information?
- What Information Do We Collect And When Do We Collect It?
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
- User Communications
- Links to Other Sites
- What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information?
- What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
- Your Rights: Reviewing, Changing or Deleting Your Information
- Retention of Your Information
- Lawful Bases for Processing
- Information for California Residents
What Information Do We Collect And When Do We Collect It?
We may collect your Personal Information in the following circumstances: When you utilize the Service, we also receive certain Other Information about you or your use of the Service. Such Other Information may be collected using various technologies, including: blurp keeps Personal Information contained in your cookies and obtained through the other tracking technologies confidential. We do not set any cookies outside of the blurplinks.com domain.
We also may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the Personal and Other Information described in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use web beacons on the Service or in email communications from blurp. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including analytics.
What Is Personal Information?
- “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number or e-mail address, an identification number, location information, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- “Sensitive Personal Information” means racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union members, the processing of genetic, biometric data for purposes of uniquely identifying a natural person, and information concerning an individual’s health, sex life, or sexual orientation. We treat your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information as confidential.
- “Other Information” is any information that is not Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information. Personal Information does not include anonymized or “aggregate” information, or publicly available information that has not been combined with Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use your Personal Information and Other Information collected through our Service for the following purposes:
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
blurp exists to make your professional network more actionable, not to sell your data. However, we share personal information as follows:
You may choose to provide us with another person's email address so that person may be invited to create an account on our Service. By providing us with another person's email address, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the person concerned as regards such disclosure to us of that email address. We may disclose such information if required to do so in order to comply with legal process, as described above.
Links to Other Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information?
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may withdraw your consent to process your Personal Information at any time by providing written notice to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do so, you will be unable to use the Service.
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your blurp account or our ongoing business relations.
Your Rights: Reviewing, Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your account from within the Service itself or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also authorize us, on your behalf, and in accordance with your account preferences to delete information when not reasonably needed for the Service. If you have shared your Personal or Other Information with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users, blurp will not be obligated to delete such information.
Retention of Your Information
We retain information for as long as reasonably necessary to deliver our Service to you or to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy. You may delete the Personal Information in your account as described above. Please note that, in limited circumstances, we may retain information for a longer period of time as required by law.
Lawful Bases for Processing
We will only collect and process Personal Information about you where we have lawful bases. Our lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as when you purchase a subscription to the Service) and our legitimate interests (such as to comply with applicable laws and enable or administer our business).
Information for California Residents
If you are a California resident under 18 years of age and a registered user of our Service, you may request that we remove content and information that you publicly post on our Service. To obtain removal of such content and information, please send us an email at email@example.com with a short description of the content or information you would like to have removed. Please note that such a request does not necessarily ensure complete or comprehensive removal of content posted by you, since the content and information may remain in our databases, may remain visible in a manner that does not identify you, or may have been re-posted by another user.
Our Services are not directed to individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files.